National Drive Electric Week
Sarasota • Sep 20, 2014
|Day:||Saturday, September 20, 2014 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10 am - 3 pm|
Mote Marine Laboratory
1600 Ken Thompson Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34236
Sarasota County Administrator Tom Harmer and City of Sarasota Vice-Mayor Susan Chapman read their respective proclamations for Drive Electric Week. We had several other City and County commissioners attend as well as the City of Sarasota City Manager Tom Barwin.
Overall, the rain might have kept some folks away this year, but we had more people, more EV Owner participation, and more Dealership participation than last year.
photo by: Chris Sharek
Tom Harmer, County Administrator In the background, our event with EVs on the left and tents on the right. I can probably find a better picture but getting the release and uploading it quickly is the challenge! Stay tuned!
There are currently 131 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||6|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||2|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
Registered attendees report 279,936 electric miles driven.
In the News…
- Electric car owners of all types gather in Sarasota to mark National Drive Electric Week
- Electric car celebration sparks interest in alternative transportation
- Post Event Report
- Mote plugs in 3rd annual electric car celebration
- Local TV (SNN) Coverage PRIOR to EVent!
- Longboat Key Coverage Prior to EVent!
- Media Coverage Leading up to the EVent!