National Drive Electric Week
Sep 15, 2018
|Day:||Saturday, September 15, 2018 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||2:00PM – 6:00PM|
|Location:||Atlantic Station Central Park
1380 Atlantic Dr NW,
Atlanta, GA 30363
The inaugural Drive The Future Atlanta event was a big success!
Some key highlights from the event include:
1. Our registered owners who displayed their cars, collectively drove over 1,425,000 Million+ Electric miles
2. We received a Proclamation from The City of Atlanta in acknowledgment and support of the Drive The Future Atlanta event
3. There were a diverse array of vehicles on display including the first Nissan LEAF registered in Georgia, a hand built Electric Motorcycle, Electric Scooters and Motorcycles, a Zenith Electric Bus, along with a host of other electric vehicles at all different price points
4. This was Porsche North America's first time participating in an Electric Vehicle Event | they displayed the PHEV Panamera Plug-In
Ride and Drives were offered by 7 different companies providing opportunities for attendees to "touch, see and experience" vehicles at a variety of price points and
5. Atlanta City Councilman, Michael Bond, attended the event in support of educating diverse communities about EV adoption
6. Media coverage included digital, print, and television [CBS 46 and Fox 5]
Automotive & Vehicle Partners included:
Lime Electric Scooters
Muving USA Electric Mopeds
We couldn't have made this event happen without the help and support of our partners, The City of Atlanta, EV Club of The South, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport & The Ray, and the Sierra Club-Georgia chapter. Given the success of the event and feedback from attendees and participants, we know that more events and opportunities to engage around this topic are needed in our communities. EVHybridNoire is committed to increasing opportunities for engagement and connecting diverse communities to EV adoption and EV technology.
All attendees and volunteers are required to wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all National Drive Electric Week 2022 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
We invite you to be a part of history at our Drive The Future Atlanta event, the first event in the country focused on celebrating and educating diverse Electric Vehicle (EV) drivers and individuals interested in EV ownership. We will heighten awareness of today's widespread availability of plug-in vehicles and highlight the benefits of all-electric and plug-in hybrid-electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more. EVs are fun to drive, are less expensive to own and maintain, are more convenient to fuel than gasoline vehicles, are better for the environment, promote local jobs, and reduce our dependence on foreign oil translating into a lower carbon footprint.
EVHybridNoire + EV Club of The South + The Ray C. Anderson Foundation
Any question or inquiries can be directed to email@example.com
There are currently 176 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||21|
|Tesla Model 3||12|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||6|
|Tesla Model X||4|
|BMW i3 REx||3|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||3|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||3|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||1|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Toyota Prius Prime||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
Registered attendees report 1,425,694 electric miles driven.