National Drive Electric Week
Asheville • Sep 09, 2018
|Day:||Sunday, September 9, 2018 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||Noon to 4pm|
800 Brevard Road
Asheville, NC 28806
This 5th Asheville Drive Electric event was our largest ever. We had around 60 EVs, from the Tesla Roadster to the BMW I8, the old and new Leaf, many model 3s, Xs, I3s, and even a converted pick-up truck, ATV and electric bicycles. Over 500 people attended the event, with around 150 rides given. There were many new EV owners with displays, who were just attendees last year! In addition, we were supplied power by a large solar array provided by Sundance Power Systems.
photo by: Steve O'Neil
A vast variety of EVs and people, with energy from the sun - now that's true freedom!
- Owners & Dealer cars on display including the revolutionary Tesla Model 3, second generation 2018 Nissan LEAF, 2018 Honda Clarity plug-in hybrid, 2018 All-wheel drive plug-in hybrid Mitsubishi Outlander SUV and more.
- Electric vehicle charging station demonstrations
- Get answers to all your questions about Electric Cars: costs, range, charging and more!
- Meet members of the Blue Ridge Electric Vehicle and Western North Carolina Tesla Owners groups.
- Enter a contest for a drawing to receive a Zaxby's or Ingles gift card.
There are currently 145 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||13|
|Tesla Model 3||8|
|Tesla Model X||3|
|BMW i3 REx||2|
|Ford C-MAX Energi||2|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||2|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Tesla Model S||2|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|MINI Countryman Plug-In||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
Registered attendees report 880,890 electric miles driven.