National Drive Electric Week - Berkeley
|Day:||Saturday, September 9, 2017 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||11am - 3pm|
Civic Center Parking Lot
1980 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
We had great turnout in Berkeley with a steady stream of folks throughout the four hour event. Here’s the low-down:
• 158 people registered in advance for the event, of which 31 were EV owners representing 13 different EV and PHEV models
• We estimate between 200-300 people may have attended in total
• The representative from the CA Clean Vehicle Rebate project, who was keeping a tally, had 76 conversations with event attendees
• 8 community groups/gov agencies participated (City of Berkeley, Ecology Center, SunWork, CA Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, Sierra Club, 350 Bay Area, NorCal Solar and League of Women Voters)
• 4 Cities supported/promoted (Albany, Berkeley, El Cerrito, Oakland)
• 3 local dealerships attended (Toyota of Berkeley, Albany Ford and Weathford BMW in Berkeley)
Note, while 6 organizations volunteered time to staff and promote, the event was primarily organized by the City of Berkeley and the Ecology Center paid staff who spent a combined 80+ hours.
Drive Electric at the Farmers' Market
Between Allston Way and Center St, adjacent to the Downtown Berkeley Farmers’ Market
It's time to make the switch to zero emission cars.
EVs are more affordable than ever.
Ride and drives, informational booths, SunShares EV discount resources, and more.
Grab lunch at the Downtown Berkeley Farmers' Market
Walking distance from Downtown Berkeley BART station
Free, reserved parking for EV owners available on Allston Way
Register by clicking the blue button at the top of this page, and you'll be entered to win a chance at a $250 gift card.
There are currently 158 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||9|
|Tesla Model S||3|
|Tesla Model X||2|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
Registered attendees report 519,780 electric miles driven.
In the News…