National Drive Electric Week Event - Oakdale
|Day:||Tuesday, September 13, 2016 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
7180 10th St. N
Oakdale, MN 55128
This was covered by the Lillie News (a local news organization), Pioneer Press, Star Tribune, and KSTP. We had a great reception
photo by: Jukka Kukkonen
36 Electric vehicles in the shot either visible or hidden including Tesla(Model S, Model X, and Roadster), Chevy Volt, BMWI3, Gen 2, Leaf, Cadillac ELR.
With the support and
enthusiasm of the Hy-Vee Oakdale, MN management, we will be celebrating a grand
opening to the Supercharger on the West side of the building, featuring the new
light-up charging stalls. Please join us in this event and welcome the
Supercharger network to the metro. In addition to the charger and Teslas, we'll have Chevy Volts and Nissan LEAFs for visitors to see. Other EV owners welcome! Register yourself and your vehicle so we know you're coming.
Be aware that Hy-Vee will be taking photos of our cars and us for their marketing department; you will also want to stay for our group photo. Also, Hy-Vee management will be saying a few words. As a grocery chain, Hy-Vee has a history of investing in and transforming communities, and this partnership with Tesla Motors is investing in the global community. Evidence of that investment is apparent, as other Hy-Vee locations already had free J-1772 charging stations, including the now famous solar-powered location in Urbandale, Iowa.
Did the Minnesota Tesla Renegades kick off the partnership with Tesla Motors, that is putting Superchargers all along the I-80 corridor at Hy-Vee locations including West Des Moines, Lincoln, and points beyond? We think so. Join us in the excitement and hear their story, as well as what the future holds for the Minnesota Tesla Renegades, as well as other EV and Tesla developments only heard here.
- The Hy Vee location has their Market Grille restaurant on-site if you are after a full meal. Please consider giving them your business.
- If you eat by the Supercharger, please make sure to clean up your trash.
- As this is an active station, and a place of business, be prepared to move your vehicle if needed, and do not block traffic.
- As this is a place of business and we are their guests, please be courteous and friendly to the store patrons: you are all ambassadors.
- Some of the management at Hy-Vee has never seen a Tesla before the Supercharger showed up. You may want to offer them a quick sprint around the block.
- There will likely be curious onlookers. Be prepared to discuss your Tesla with strangers, why you bought it, and so on. This is a great opportunity to get some referral credits.
There are currently 24 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model S||3|
|Tesla Model X||2|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
Registered attendees report 272,300 electric miles driven.